Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
Health and Safety is a duty of ALL
Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
The Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007
If you are an Employer or the Person in Control of Premises, you will have additional duties under The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 and other (workplace related) H&S legislation.
If you are or will be involved with construction works, you have specific duties under
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
other (construction related) H&S legislation.
In a nutshell, the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations require dutyholders to ensure:
- Managing the risks by applying the general principles of prevention
- Appointing the right people and organisations at the right time
- Making sure everyone has the information, instruction, training and supervision they need to carry out their jobs in a way that secures health and safety
- Cooperating and communicating with each other and coordinating their work
- Consulting workers and engaging with them to promote and develop effective measures to secure health, safety and welfare.